The Old Deanery wine list
After the wine by the glass sections, all wines are arranged in order of the weight of the wine, starting with the lighter and moving through to the fuller bodied. Match the weight of the wine to the weight of your food choice – lighter flavoured dishes with lighter weight wines, fuller flavour with fuller weight.
1. Les Pasquiers, Sauvignon Blanc, France, 2013 £4.20 £17.50
Blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Vermentino, balancing crispness with intense exotic fruit flavours
5. Pinot Grigio San Vigilio, Italy 2013 £4.20 £17.50
Delicate, pleasing bouquet – floral and fruity scents, lovely aperitif or match with light starters and fish
2. False Bay, Chenin Blanc, South Africa, 2012 £4.20 £17.50
Stone fruits on the nose. Clean, fresh and complex. Stunning value.
13. Gavi La Battistina, Piedmont, Italy 2012 £23.50
Crisp, flinty notes with a hint of lime on the nose. Flavours of pear, apple and light spiciness.
11. Diez Siglos Verdejo, Rueda, Spain 2012 £19.50
Fresh cut grass, nettles, ripe citrus and passion fruit. Complex wine from high altitude Rueda.
9. The Cloud Factory Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand, 2013 £24.95
Aromas of stone fruit and minerals with flavours of guava and lime.
18. Sancerre La Clochette, Jean-Jacques Breton, France, 2012 £32.95
Dry, crisp, elegant with fresh gooseberry fruit dominating the nose and palate
6. Cave de Turckheim Gewurztraminer Reserve, Alsace, France, 2011 £25.00
Lychee, rose and citrus aromas with a balanced, rich and honeyed palate.
12. Donnhoff Riesling, Nahe Valley, 2012 £25.00
Pure, dry Riesling with lime and stone fruit aromas. Steely with light spice on the palate.
10. Chablis, Gerard Tremblay, 2012 £29.95
Clean, steely Chablis with lots of ripe citrus fruit and chalky minerality on the palate.
8. Donnhoff Pinot Blanc, Nahe Valley, 2012 £35.00
A very fine dry wine with lots of citrus and mineral character and a rounded, slightly creamy finish
7. Chateaux du Chatelard Vieilles Vignes, Beaujolais Blanc, 2010 £25.50
Very impressive Chardonnay. Ripe citrus fruit aromas with creamy texture and flavour.
4. Le Paradou Viognier, Vin de Pays D’Oc, France, 2012 £21.00
Peach, apricot and almond on the nose, refreshing and fruity with a smooth, round finish
14. Hopler, Gruner Veltliner , Austria, 2011 £28.95
Soft aroma of stone fruit, fully ripened, well structured, with refined sweetness on the palate
16. Cotes du Rhone Les Salyens, Cairanne Blanc, France, 2010 £29.50
Classic Southern Rhone white blend with a nose of freshly cut hay, vanilla and white flowers
15. Naiades, Rueda, Spain, 2010 £35.00
Superb wine from a few small plots of ancient vines. Ripe honeyed fruit with structure and richness
22. Borsao Garnacha, 2012, Spain £4.20 £17.50
Rounded tannins, brambly fruit and redcurrants, cherry and strawberry palate
26. Artesa Tempranillo, 2012 Spain £4.20 £17.50
Youthful fruity red with juicy red berry aroma and a hint of liquorice on the finish
29. Cape Heights Shiraz, South Africa 2012 £4.20 £17.50
Light peppery and fruit notes on the nose with black fruit intensity on the palate
32. Montevista Merlot, Maule Valley, Chile £4.40 £18.50
Plum fruits, light spices, easy but serious
28. Montevista Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile £3.30 £4.40 £18.50
Vibrant black fruit aromas, fresh and fruity palate
30. Saladini Pilastri Rosso, Italy £22.00
Opulent aromas of black cherry, mulberry, prune and a finely textured palate
38. Roncevie, Bourgogne Domaine Arlaud, France £40.00
Fresh Pinot palate of red fruits and fine tannins. Single plot surrounded by Gevrey Chambertin vineyards.
37. Chianti Classico, San Felice, Agricola, Italy £29.00
Classic, medium bodied sangiovese with an elegant bouquet and smooth rounded tannins
34. Akarua Rua Pinot Noir, Central Otago, 2012 £35.00
Aromas of plum, black and red cherry and a hint of spice. Appealing fruit flavours supported by fine tannins.
33. Nieto Senetiner Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina £21.00
Rich, ripe, rounded, sumptuous and very moreish Mendoza Malbec
40. Chateau la Rame, Bordeaux, France £25.00
Cassis and plum fruit on the nose. Ripe, firm tannins to work across a range of meats.
27. Mr Smith Shiraz, McClaren Vale, Australia £25.00
Appealing mix of blueberry, spice and vanilla on the nose. Rich, round and soft palate.
36. Rioja Tobia Seleccion Crianza, Spain £29.50
18 months in French and American oak to give a complex, fruity Rioja with hints of spice and tobacco.
31. Cap de Ruc Crianza, Spain £26.00
Incredibly juicy and velvety, the “Donkey’s Head” showed its class at wine tasting time
41. Pomerol, Château de Valois, Bordeaux, France, 2009 £39.50
Black fruit and cocoa combine in this classic Pomerol, favourite at the Bordeaux dinner
19. Percheron Grenache Rose, France, 2013 £4.20 £17.50
Light translucent peach colour with soft red berry fruits and light spice
20. Circumstance Cape Coral Rose, Stellenbosch, 2012 £25.50
Very pale salmon pink. Fresh, fruity and rounded with a serious streak.
21. Domaine Lansac Aubun Rose, IGP Alpilles, France , 2012 £27.50
Pale Provencal rose, red fruits and savoury nose with keen acidity, structure and length.
47. Prosecco Lunetta NV £5.00 (125ml) £26.00
Light fruity, hints of apple, peach and pear with added crispness on the palate
49. Antech Emotion Rose, Crémant de Limoux 2012 £29.95
Zero dosage champagne method, weight watchers special pink blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
48. Lancelot Courtois Brut £29.95
A Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru from Cramant, France, imported by Linda to be our house champagne!
50. Guisborne Brut Reserve 2009 £36.50
Award winning British sparkler from Kent! Orchard and citrus fruit flavours with hints of oat biscuit.
52. Veuve Cliquot NV £45.95
53. Louis Roederer Brut Premier NV £49.00
DESSERT WINE AND PORT
42. Château l’Ermitage Muscat, £4.00 (100ml)
Finely balanced sweet wine, aromas of ripe cooked peach on the nose and a citrus fresh palate
43. Wiese and Krohn Ambassador Ruby £2.50 (50ml)
Nice on its own and the one to have with lemonade or brandy!
44 .Niepoort Tawny Dee £3.40 (50ml)
45. Niepoort L.B.V. £3.50 (50ml)
Subscribe and get special offers via email
If you would like to receive invitations to events, special offers and other Old Deanery news then please enter your email address below: